Thursday, October 29, 2009

NBA 2K10 Impression/Review

After 2 weeks worth of playing NBA 2k10 with my closests friends, one being advent but he does do some abusive points in the paint barrages, is still competition. I say that like I was winning or something, I only one twice, but I try to play sim as possible, although it is stupid to run plays when your opponent can see them.

Game play: The 2k devs got lazy with this, points in the paint TOO EASY, abusive players i.e. Lebron, Kobe, just horrible. ALthough, the players do play like their counterparts it is not a nice thing to watch. I had an alley oop with Dirk Nowitzki and he stretched his arm out so far back and slammed it down like he was Dwight Howard, I looked at my friend like What The Hell is this? Lebron just dunks on the whole team all game long( friend is a Cavs fan Go figures) . I do know how to play D it is just non-existent in this game, I don't care what anyone says don't try to give it justice it isn't there point blank period. Unless you have elite defenders like Battier, other than that everyone gets blown by very easily even if you are in the right position. Though the dunks do look sick, too many of them and it looks bad. Other than those issues posting,passing at times is great, shooting is spot on,just the feel of basketball and it's atmosphere is captured perfect in this game it is the only reason why I would keep playing this.

Presentation: Not going in depth 2K10 flat out has the best presentation since NFl 2k5, Spot on the Nba today beautiful touch. Great job on these aspects I can't fathom on how much this works. from the pre-game rituals to facial expressions to the announcers PERFECT.

Game Modes: three words,"My Player Mode." That explains it all, the greatest mode besides MLB The Shows my player mode. Franchise and Online is there, it should get you by.

Closing Words
I think the game is great it needs alot of work, messing with the sliders will get you a good game in, other than that the patch should hold you over for this year. The game needs to improve on more simplistic issues and hopefully they will be accounted for.


No comments: